As we round the corner toward Winter Solstice and the New Year, I wanted to share a few gifts with YOU, that have been offered to me out of the chaos. These gifts are really a compilation of tools that help me to stay grounded, connected and clear every single day. If you are currently going through a move, change, transition or loss, my heart is with you. Perhaps these little jewels along the path will help guide you through the darkness. Take what feels right and supportive for you and let yourself experiment with them. Wishing you light in the darkness and clarity in the chaos...
* Seek Solitude & Stillness: My daily practice consists of 15 minutes each morning of silent seated meditation and some quiet time/ stretching/ candlelight yoga in my living room before bed. Time in nature is also a beautiful way to listen and let the external chatter fall away.
* Write It Out: I have become a HUGE FAN of daily journaling. I used to journal only when times were really rough or I was going through a break-up. Lately, it has become one of my #1 daily practices for allowing spirit to speak through me on the page, to sort through thoughts and feelings, and to gain greater clarity about any situation I am going through.
* Nourish Connections: Reach out for support and create a weekly schedule where you connect with dear friends and community. I love having anchoring touchstones throughout my week- such as a yoga class I attend regularly or a ladies night that I don't want to miss. Especially in the dark of winter, it is important to schedule in time with those nearest and dearest.
* Open to Grace: Grace comes in many forms but I love asking for signs or noticing synchronicity. Pay attention to those little things that grab your attention or if you are needing an answer fast- ask for a sign to show you the way! When we ask, we often receive. Don't try of push this one too hard- just remain softly open and receptive. It's okay if a sign comes or does not come.
* Permission to Wander: Along the lines of opening to grace- give yourself permission to take a walk without purpose. Just choose a general area and then let yourself be drawn and pulled in whatever direction spirit wants to move you. This can be a great support in letting go of the rational mind and opening to the more intuitive and oblique parts of ourselves. See where you are drawn and open to detours that don't make any sense. Enjoy a wander in the city or countryside with no goal but to follow your own bliss and curiosity.
* Cultivate Clear Boundaries: Be willing to be uncomfortable. As Jane Fonda says so eloquently,
"No is a complete sentence." Sounds pretty simple, but this is one I have to work on every single day!
* Let the Divine Take the Lead: This has been one of my biggest lessons this year. There were many times in 2018 that I was trying to 'make something happen'. I actually knew I was going against the flow of grace and life, but I was pushing anyway- my inner brat had totally taken over and it was creating a TON of inner resistance. When I finally let go and let God/ Goddess/ Spirit take the reigns, life aligned and everything began to flow more smoothly. Things fell into place. I am grateful for this internal shift. Trust that spirit has your back and divine timing is in place. Relax a little.
I believe the Divine Feminine is rising and we are shifting collectively, and I feel excited to be a part of this shift through my personal choices and daily rhythms and routines. I'd love to hear (post in comments below) what practices or rituals nourish and support you the most?
** Next Round of Women's Soul Support Collective begins January 13 and runs for 9 weeks. There are 5 spots left. Come join me and other wonderful women, for a deeply transformative journey of the heart and soul. Register HERE.